Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sigh...

Ah, show business... You get called in for something you know you are perfect for, you kill in the audition, you make the panel laugh, they tweak it, you take it, you do it again and you KNOW you are "in the zone" and then you get the "Thank you...".
Delightful... Charming...

Yes, it's part and parcel of the gig. Yes, it's 97 percent rejection, yes, the union is 97 3/4 % unemployed, but we still do it. "What I Did For Love" may be oversung, but there is such truth in its lyrics as anyone in this life will tell you.. I'm most happy when I am doing a play. That's just the way I am wired.
At any rate, yesterday was one of those marvelous days when things did not go as well as they seemed to. You doubt yourself, you consider giving it up and moving to a farm upstate and then you realize how much you will miss if you DO leave it all behind... So you suck it up, you once again go to the gym at dawn, go to a soul-sucking temp job all day, scan Backstage and bug the crap out of your agent. All over again... in the hope of one of the little Roulette spins coming up on the number you bet it all for.

1 comment:

  1. Are they soul-sucking you down there? Tell them there's "no yelling".

    ReplyDelete

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)