Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prophecy and Petits Fours

Dragged myself to the gym today in the rain and grey cold while my roommate is in Hawaii learning how to paddle-surf in paradise. I appease my jealousy by convincing myself that standing up and rowing on a surfboard looks like a superhero flying in a standing position. This of course came to mind as said roommate has been working out like a fiend and now actually LOOKS like a superhero... And he has blue eyes... and his hair all goes in the right direction. I know, I know... Envy makes you fat. I feel like a chorus boy in Annie Hall, The Musical...
So. It's off to Planet Fitness, so deep in Queens, I think it might actually be near Iceland.
Then to a gig at Carnegie Hall in which--as I am running from my rerouted V Train, I hear a homeless bum in the middle of a babble and in stereo with the loudest fart I have ever heard say, "A sex SCANDAL is when ya ain't gettin' any". A Savant Prophecy from this ersatz Fisher King and then a mad scramble to Carnegie Hall to cater a dinner for some folks who actually have more money than France, yet don't know enough to not leave a disgusting plate with half eaten food on the actual serving buffet. There I am... standing in my lovely blue Nehru jacket trying not to look judgmental as I feel my blood teeth begin to shoot out of my gums.

And then home to the wine and muscle relaxers to plan Thanksgiving dinner which I am fearlessly cooking with a little help from The Wise and Powerful Martha...

Another perilous day in Gotham...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)