Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rainy Day's and Sundays Always Get me in the Kitchen

It's been raining for... well .. ever. And it's bone-chilling cold. In the grip of of this Northeast Storm. Apparently Autumn bypassed us and the Indian Summer was the Eskimo version. No matter. I just keep soldiering on.
I seem to just want to stare out the window and put on a Joni Mitchell CD (Urge For Going) comes to mind.
Going to a party at my dear friend's apt. today in Upstate Manhattan (Inwood). A Long Island Railroad, a local subway and a bus transfer. With a barbell's weight of Gazpacho in one hand. In the rain. This is how much I love these people.
Watched Like Water for Chocolate last night and wryly noticed some similarities, but decided to keep it to myself and just keep on cookin' anyhow!
This has been a week of reunions. Really remarkable timing as they all seemed to occur at once, which of course meant yesterday I pretty much had a bathrobe on all day and sat on the couch watching movies and drinking wine. The gym beckoned, but hey--why ruin a good week.
Well, that's why God made Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)