Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Outer Queens Kitchen Happiness

Had a celebration dinner the other night for some friends... one of which who just got Jersey Boys in Las Vegas... Playing Bob Gaudio. Well done. The guy's ridiculously talented, so I am happy
Moules Mariniere, Grilled Portobello Mushroom/blanched asparagus salad, Grape tomatoes in a red wine reduction with leg of lamb marinated in olive oil, soy sauce, shallots, garlic and crushed rosemary--and because I am not martyred enough, a lemon souflee tart.
... And about seventeen bottles of wine. Thank god for a roommate who indulges me on these cuisine sprees and for friends who love the fruits of my labours... especially when the fruits are whipped into submission and turned into a soufflee!!! ... or however you spell it.

Have been watching The Donald Stratchey Mysteries on dvd and if wasn't auditioning, I swear I'd live in a house upstate... with a giant kitchen.... and hungry neighbors!

Some strange things have been happening to friend's lives lately. A dear old friend lost her husband on their second anniversary to a heart attack, another couple is splitting up... yet, there is something therapeutic and borderline redemptive about feeding people.... In a world where there are no guarantees, it's nice to know that whipped egg yolks and sugar turn into gold ribbons and can produce sighs of contentment (hopefully not indigestion) and eyes that are as beautifully glazed as the desserts!

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)