Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Flamenco Boots and Spatulas

Cooking, Flamenco, Auditioning and recently re-settled back in NYC with an agent, a re-upped Actors' Equity card, a house in the outer borough of Queens (Kew Gardens) and trying to live--as beautifully put in Under The Tuscan Sun, "spherically".

I have found that one hobby/vocation/obsession/passion is currently not enough. So, cramming too many activities in 24 hours, I have undertaken learning the fabulous and slightly deranged art of Flamenco (performing it as well!) and trying to teach myself to be a bona fida force to be reckoned with in the kitchen--at least to my friends. All this while managing to keep my head above water as a temp worker, caterer, theatrical hopeful (here we go again) and incurable and ridiculous closet romantic. I think it's residue from being brought up as a Southerner and loving it in spite of what the place did to me!

I am a feeder and a caretaker. Always have been, always will be. Those who know me seem to enjoy it and I love what being in front of a stove does for my mood. Something about feeding not only a fever, but all the other ills as well. Western meditation...

More to come.

2 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to seeing your thoughts here, as well as on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It reads like a great book. Keep it up, and I look forward to more posts! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)