Snowstorm moving up and over from the South and the Midwest.
This means, while the expected 12 inches accumulates, I will be baking bread.
Trying to, at any rate as yesterday's aborted attempt forced me out into the cold for two bottles of Malbec and an evening in front of Four Weddings and a Funeral because the "knead" attachment on the five dollar Sears Food Processor from 1983 (5 dollars at a yard sale) liiiiiies....
It was not bread, so much as Yeast Soup.
So, not to be thwarted, here we go again.
My housemate lectured that bread making is a process of love... the kneading and all. That might explain why I am not so into it. Perhaps my intimacy issues extend to carbohydrates as well.
Paging Dr. Freud to the kitchen... STAT!
Made Bananna muffins yesterday that were damned good. Added ground cloves, allspice and dusted the tops with brown sugar (oh--substituted two thirds of the called for sugar in the recipe with brown sugar as well). Damned good!
Trying to buy the goose today. May have to head out to Long Island with an axe if this doesn't work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)