December 21.
The Winter Solstice.
CLEARLY the first day of Winter as the snow from the Northeastern Blizzard has backed up and it takes double the time to walk anywhere. Still sort of white.
It's insanely cold and time for the I Don't Care coat. The Ugly Betty coat. AKA the vomit-taupe, Michelin Man coat I bought at Daffy's for 7 bucks when I first arrived to counteract the elements in the bleak Midwinter. The coat I wore when I was meeting my roommate at The Color Purple on Broadway and while standing on 52nd St, he could see my approach from 47th Street. And had to check or buy another seat for.
The I DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW I LOOK IT'S FREEZING SO GET OFF MY DRESS coat.
Sitting at my temp desk laden with Mucinex, Airborne, Advil and enough coffee to jump start Lazarus.
No auditions this week that I can go to due to this gig and the resounding cold that is pummeling my pulmonaries... and a HUGE case of the Mean Reds. Getting ready to abscond Upstate and start the process of Christmas Eve Dinner.
Definitely need to get out of the city for a bit, even if the entire time will be spent in front of a stove. Worse places to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)