Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

Another Opening, Another Show.

Had the best time attending the opening night of Ragtime on Broadway and the final Broadway opening night party at Tavern on the Green (so I was told).
My friend is an investor in the show so we hit The Neil Simon a little before six and made our way to the Mezzanine. The show was amazing and ten years later, relevant in a whole new way.

Nancy Pelosi slipped out the stage door and into an armoured car. Waved at me. Amazing how I get star struck by journalists and heads of state, but couldn't care less about actors. Meeting Jack Nicholson would be fun and the man probably has amazing weed, but meeting Christiane Amanpour would render me useless. Oh yes. I have experience in this. I did a show once in Florida and the Green Room was star studded. I walked right up to Bill Cosby and said, "Dr. Cosby. My name is Preston and we have a mutual friend"... Blah, blah, blah. twenty minutes later and I'm still chatting with him. I turn around and Ted Koppel tells me that he liked the show. My jaw dropped and I turned into a fat, twelve year old girl... complete with braids, head gear and a hot pink unicorn sweatshirt. I don't think I managed a complete sentence.

I digress...
We cabbed it to Tavern on the Green and while my friend stalked Richard Kind I went looking for an old friend I toured with in The Mystery of Edwin Drood about a thousand years ago.
Found myself in the main room with Rosie Perez, Mario Cantone, Susan Anton. It was like the after party at The People's Second Choice Awards...

The show is wonderful and it was a lovely night, but I don't have the wherewithal or liver to continue being that much of a socialite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)