Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

Another grey, November day here in Gotham. Every time this weather that I love so much hits, Joni Mitchell's "Urge For Going" plays on endless reel in my brain.
Worked an event last night for The Margaret Meade Film Festival at The Natural History Museum.
Margaret Meade??? Film Festival??? That's like... The Jane Fonda Salute to Okra...
I couldn't help but wonder exactly what films were being shown. I was surprised to see that there is a theatre within the museum that is the size of a small Broadway house. I've been coming to this museum for 26 years and I still find rooms within rooms. Weird. I used to have a recurring dream that I would find some secret corridor in my Grandmother's house and they would lead to rooms that no one ever uses or knows about. Slightly sinister, but that's the nature of the recurring dream.
Love the old museum... even though last night 8 different kinds of cheeses were crushed and mashed into the carpets. Enough to put you off your dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)