Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello, I Must be Going.

Thomas Wolfe once said that, "You can't go home again.". Well, you CAN, but it requires planning, the Internet and you're always older, hopefully wiser ...and thinner (as long as we're hoping, here...).
I just found out that my dear friend T. is coming back to Flat Rock with me to play "Leo" in The Producers. This makes me happy beyond belief as he's just so talented that I have to lie down. Not to mention an utter blast to be around.
It's also a trifle bittersweet, as two others that I truly love will not be there and will be missed tremendously. Still--- Two outta four ain't bad! This place is in the mountains and directly across from Connemarra (Carl Sandburg's Farm). I mean... the only thing that's missing are Unicorns and a talking lion...

A friend is taking me to see A Little Night Music on Broadway today and I am QUITE chuffed as it is one of my all time favourite scores and I have never actually seen the show.

To quote, La Martha... "It's a GOOD thing." Yes, this is a Spring of many good things. A true turn around from a year of not so much. That's the 13th hour on my clock, by the way, and for the past year, the time has read half past not so much o' clock. I'll digress before I break into a "Woman on the Verge" number...

I DO love good news.

On the cooking front, a farewell dinner for my friend P. as she loads up the covered Lexus and heads off to San Diego for Grad School. Three Broadway shows and several national commercials under her belt and she's going back to school. Seriously. That's a level of dedication that requires a nap. I have recurring nightmares that I am still IN school, so volunteering to return--regardless of the League's Ivy, at the VERY least, is deserving of a toast or six.

Lots of goodbyes and changes, but several returns.

The menu will be Pear and Stilton Salad on Boston Bibb lettuce with a Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette (yes, I'm making the Vinaigrette), Boeuf Bourgignon, something with Potatoes and pretentious name and maybe a Bavaroise. T.L. is making his famed Ceviche that is so delicious it could make Rocco Dispirito blush. Lots of wine followed by me hoisting my carcass out of bed and slapping on a tie to temp the following am. Perhaps the Hedge Fund Partners will enjoy some leftovers... Sigh...
Perhaps I will enjoy being face down on my computer for most of the morning until the Vivarin kicks in.

Leaving for the mountains in a month and thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)