Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

Bump it With a Trumpet, But Not After a Biopsy

Today was the return visit for the three month Bone Aspiration and Biopsy.
I wish I could say that it went well.  After several tries and bottles of numbing agents on the right rear pelvis, my hipbone was apparently too dense (thanks a LOT, Mom for all that stupid milk!!!).  The doc then tried several times on the left.  She hit the root of a spinal nerve and all hell broke loose.  It felt as if I had LICKED the third rail.  I don't remember it, but I apparently I screamed and twitched around for a bit.  I made them stop.  Covered in sweat-and having ripped up the bedding, I told them that we were DONE.
So, now, I have to go to Mission Hospital and have something called Twilight Sleep induced.  I'm not exactly sure what that is, other than a Tolkein-esque title for something that will probably cause me to spill State secrets.  I frankly do not CARE what it is as long as I do not feel a damned thing when they open me up like a wine bottle.  This was freaking awful.  And I've gone through herniated discs.

On the lighter side, Gypsy opened and it is really an incredible show.  It's always been my favourite as it's more or less our history as performers.  We descend from Vaudeville, Burlesque, Music Hall, etc... Just a joy to be a part of it, and if that overture doesn't get you going you have no soul.

1 comment:

  1. So ok, first of all, GOOD FOR YOU for saying ENOUGH!!! I was having lunch with Hugh and telling him how I was appalled that in this day of modern medicine, we still have such barbaric procedures as your biopsy,. My mom had to have a liver biopsy once and they put said corkscrew into her LIVER without any anesthesia..she was 80 fucking years old!.... I was livid!!!! Just because they don't want to deal with the after effects of a twilight sleep?? Just because it's easier for THEM, or because insurance thinks you should just 'man up; because they don't want to pay the extra cost??? IT IS BARBARIC... put a corkscrew in ANY ONE of those Drs and have them see what it's like. WHAT is the purpose of creating this pain??? so in closing, I say GOOD FOR GODDAMN YOU!!!!! Enough is right!!!! Enjoy your twilight sleep and never settle for less again! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)