Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

We are winding down a run of The Producers here at Flat Rock Playhouse and it has been nothing but nonstop joy to be onstage in this production.
I feel as if something terrible is going to happen to me because it is truly the most fun I have ever had on stage. The songs are in my key, the comedy is a joy to play and the damned dress fits!!!!
It will be sad to put this away, but this is moving to the top of my resume.
As always, it is a joy to be here.
Our audiences have ranged from joyfully intelligent (getting every nuance and joke) to silent and hostile (not getting any of it and probably thought they were about to see South Pacific), but I don't care as this wins the prize for THE best production I have ever been a part of. Working with old friends, making new ones, getting giddy reviews, cooking for "framily" and laughing my butt in rehearsals and backstage at old and new jokes.
It is a bit scary to return to being a nameless New Yorker, but shows like this are the reason I am in this business and I can only hope to play the part again!
Thanks, guys and gals of FRP!

1 comment:

  1. It's been a such a joy to get to know you and see you play every day on stage. I watch your scenes every performance and have yet to become bored with you work. I could watch you all day long. So much love for you Meemaw! I'm loving reading the blog, can't wait for more posts!!

    ReplyDelete

I think I have enabled this thing to accept any/all comments. Judge away, if you wish. :)